PBS NewsHour has an immediate opening for an Audience Engagement Specialist. In this position, you will be responsible for promoting the PBS NewsHour brand, correspondents and content to our online users, using a variety of interactive media. Your goal will be to increase the NewHour’s audience and deepen the engagement.
As the Audience Engagement Specialist, you will:
· Write and/or edit press releases
· Create/maintain a list of key contacts, including, but not limited to: influencers, bloggers, reporters and independent content creators
· Identify best practices and tools to engage and build our audience
· Propose and submit content for award submissions
· Proven experience building communities via social media and an interest in the ongoing evolution of journalism in social media
· Experience working with different types of digital media
· Knowledge in a wide range of areas, including news, arts, health, science and public policy
· Knowledge of Photoshop, Constant Contact and Vocus is helpful.
For a full job description or to apply through our online application, please click here to be directed to the careers page at WETA. To confirm that a WETA or PBS NewsHour job posting is under recruitment, please visit our websites for our current job postings list: www.weta.org and www.pbs.org/newshour/.
WETA is an equal employment opportunity employer. WETA does not discriminate against employees or applications on the basis of race, color, religion, gender, age, national origin, citizenship status, disability, medical condition, genetic predisposition or carrier status, military or veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, marital status or any other characteristic protected by applicable local, state or federal law.