32BJ OF THE SERVICE EMPLOYEES INTERNATIONAL UNION (SEIU)
Based in New York, with some travel to nearby states and cities
Reporting to the Director of Communications, the Assistant Director will:
· Develop and implement strategic media outreach plans to support the union’s organizing, contract and political/legislative campaigns as well as raise its public profile through issue management – serving as a press contact to local and national media
· Write press releases, press pitches, op-eds and advertising content and other press materials in support of above campaigns
· Edit and sign-off on such press materials generated by other staff members
· Assist the Director, and work alongside the co-Assistant Director, in the day-to-day supervision of a staff of seven.
· Skills in at least one or more of the following areas: Web Site Management; New Media; Member Communications; Video Production
· Based on skills and experience
· E-mail resume and three press-related writing samples, including your best press release, placement and oped to firstname.lastname@example.org.
· Absolutely no phone calls.
· Submit application as soon as possible. Position open until filled.
About 32BJ SEIU
32BJ SEIU is the largest property service workers union in the country, representing more than 120,000 workers in eight states and the District of Columbia. In addition to fighting for good wages and benefits for its members, 32BJ is active in organizing service workers in low-wage industries and supporting legislative measures that protect working families and help create good jobs. See our website for more information www.seiu32bj.org