Does the idea of testing and writing about the very latest tech products—before anyone else does—excite you? If you have a genuine passion for technology and have proven writing experience, PCMag.com, the best tech reviews site on the web, wants to hear from you. Our mission is to deliver deep, lab-based reviews. We have decades of authority providing comprehensive reviews, rankings, and tech buying advice for consumers and businesses.
We’re looking for an energetic, sharp Jr. Tech Writer/Reviewer with top-notch writing and editing skills to join the hardware team. You’ll work with our editors to test and review the very latest networking gear (routers, mesh systems, range extenders, and more), as well as other hardware and consumer electronics products. Depending on the candidate, the job could be full-time remote or hybrid remote/in-office from our testing lab in New York City.
– Write clear, authoritative reviews, features, tips and advice pieces, product roundups, buying guides, and news stories.
– Engage in detailed product testing according to established guidelines.
– Get ahead of trends, and aggressively seek news and products for review. You will help shape our coverage in key categories, so you need to know what's next.
– Establish and maintain strong relationships with key hardware vendors.
– Create, edit, and QA reviews and other stories in PCMag’s content management system.
– Verify and enter product specs.
– Represent PCMag at vendor meetings, industry events, and trade shows. (These days, primarily virtual, but possibly in-person in the future, depending on logistics and beats covered.)
– Bachelor's degree required. Journalism or English concentration preferred, but other degrees plus relevant work experience will be considered.
– 1 to 2 years of professional writing/editing experience at an established website, magazine, or newspaper, preferably covering technology.
– You should have the ability to write quickly and clearly.
– You must be a self-starter who can independently prioritize projects, and be able to thrive in a fast-paced, competitive, deadline-driven environment. A strong work ethic and strict attention to detail will be keys to success in this role.
– You should possess demonstrable interest in technology, plus a willingness to learn at a rapid pace. Knowledge of the networking hardware market, including familiarity with devices and manufacturers, and established contacts, are both strong pluses.
– Product review experience and/or on-camera video experience are major pluses.
– You should be familiar with online publishing platforms and digital image manipulation.
NOTE: Please include a cover letter explaining why you’re the perfect candidate to fill this role!
Apply Here: https://jobs.jobvite.com/j2-global/job/orUGgfw1