Crain's New York Business seeks an experienced reporter who can write enterprising news stories, features and special reports for our weekly issue as well as break news and blog on our website.
The candidate should be a self-starter who is adept at developing sources and sensing news before the competition.
The candidate's clips should demonstrate analytical skills, an ability to find news in New York's ultra-competitive media market, and a talent for writing concise, engaging narratives that capture the sense of the city and the sensibilities of the people who make it work.
He or she must:
• Generate story ideas and identify trends in the New York City’s residential real estate industry
• Report and write for print and web, juggle multiple deadlines
• Develop deep contact lists and sourcing at the companies covered
• Become an established expert on your daily beat
• Play well with others, collaborate in reporting teams
• Bring energy and enthusiasm to the newsroom
• Occasionally tackle story ideas that are off the assigned beat
• Use social media to engage and grow audiences
• Represent Crain’s at public events and in local media
• Bachelor's degree
• Proven track record of breaking news
• Business journalism experience
• Professional presentation
• Excellent written and verbal skills
• Fluency in social media
• Ability to read financial reports and filings
Please include cover letter and at least three links to your work or clips along with your resume for consideration.
Crain's New York Business is the community newspaper of the New York business community. We exclusively cover the news, issues, trends and personalities of interest to executives, entrepreneurs and professionals operating in the five boroughs of New York City.
Crain’s New York Business is published by Crain Communications Inc., one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S., with more than two dozen business, trade and consumer publications and websites within North America, Europe and Asia. The company offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing and a friendly work environment.
Crain Communications Inc. is one of the largest privately-owned business publishers in the U.S. with 30 leading business, trade and consumer titles in North America and Europe producing exciting publications, digital products, events, marketing services, custom publishing, lead generation and research and data products to help its millions of readers and clients succeed.
As an authoritative source of vital news and information to industry leaders and consumers worldwide, each of the company's newspapers, magazines and electronic news sites have become required reading in their respective sector of business and consumer market. Providing unmatched value and award-winning editorial excellence, the company is respected for its dependable journalism which readers have relied upon for over 90 years.
Crain Communications offers a competitive salary, a generous benefits package, profit sharing, and a friendly work environment. This is a great time to join our organization -- a profitable, well established publishing leader.
We thank you for your interest in Crain Communications. We invite you to visit often and apply through the Careers page at www.crain.com as positions are updated regularly.
Crain Communications is an Equal Opportunity Employer.