Morning Brew is looking for a Daily Newsletter Writer to join our team in NYC. While this position is based in New York City, office colocation will be contingent on stay-at-home orders; until then, all employees are working remotely.
Just so we’re clear: we’re not a coffee company.
Morning Brew is a New York City-based media company that’s disrupting the traditional business news landscape. Our goal is to make the business world more engaging for the modern business leader through relatable and digestible content.
Plus, we’ve got some other cool stuff in the works. If you are interested and qualified, please apply here.
Right now, we’re creating content for five different franchises:
- Our core e-mail newsletter that gives 2.4 million subscribers all the business news they need in five minutes.
- Emerging Tech Brew keeps over 185,000 readers up-to-date on the technological advancements that are changing the world of business.
- Retail Brew delivers the most important retail business news to over 115,000 industry professionals.
- Marketing Brew gives 94,000 marketing professionals the most important news they need to do their jobs well.
- And Business Casual, Morning Brew's inaugural podcast, dives into the most important topics in business, from big tech to the gender equality gap.
- Write stories and other associated content for the Daily newsletter.
Generate ideas for and lead/co-lead new newsletter initiatives
- Generate ideas for and lead/co-lead the creation of other non-newsletter editorial projects, such as educational pieces or feature news stories.
- Deep interest and expertise in business news writing (added plus for those with newsletter writing experience) and digital media
- Deep love for news more broadly
- At least 2-3 years of professional writing experience OR 2-3 years of post-graduate experience working in or around business news, with demonstrable experience in content creation (e.g., blog posts, research, presentations, etc.)
- Ability to write in the Morning Brew style (engaging, informative, clever)
- Keen understanding of the information and insights that the modern business leader needs to start their day
- Understanding of how to leverage multiple platforms (email, social media, etc.) to engage with the target audience
- Self-starter attitude with ability to operate in a collaborative environment
- Combination of attention to detail and creative, strategic thinking
- Excellent communication skills with a mindset for collaboration
- Ability to operate in a high-pressure environment with tight deadlines
- Fast-paced and challenging environment that’s built for a passionate, lifelong learner.
- Full-time position with competitive salary.
- Health insurance with a monthly premium partially covered by the employer.
- 401(k) plan with employer match.
- Generous vacation and paid time off policy.
We’re committed to building a diverse and inclusive team that’s representative of our readers.